Sunday, November 9, 2008

To Be Me (poem)

I hide behind this vail you put on me

For what's under it isn't good enough.

My imperfections are masked under all this makeup and clothes,

So I can fit your expectations.

I have been told that to be myself isn't good enough, it's flawed.

To be myself would be appalling.

So I sit here on this pedestal you put me on,

And I let you paint my face

To look like everyone else.

That is what's accepted, that is what will make me exceed in life,

For being myself is too dangerious, to risky.

So I loose myself so your perfect plan can unfold.

I am your puppet and you ar my master.

Direct me,

Change me,

Mold me,

So I can be what you want me to be.

So many times you have pushed me off of that pedestal

You placed me on so many years ago.

So many times you have dropped me.

But you always mold me back

To what I "should" be.

Alas, one day you will get sick of having to re-paint my face.

You will get sick of having to glue me back together.

I fear taht the first time you dropped me,

My mind wasn't put back to where it should be.

This clay I am made out of is starting to crack and crumble.

My flaws are showing through your disguise.

What you don't know is that

My flaws are beautiful,

And I don't need your "help" anymore.

Not this time,

Not ever again.

1 comment:

Jay Riot Music said...

awesome first post, I'll keep reading.

The title is just the title of your blog btw